Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Old Time Radio Stations That Are Free Online


Along with movies and TV shows from the 30's - 60's, I love music from this time period, as well.  When I got my new car last Fall, it came with a free three month trial of Sirius XM and I fell in love!  It is so much better than regular radio, less adds, more selection and the quality of the broadcasting is unmatched.   When my trial ran out I called to cancel and they offered me an additional six months for $30. I happened to have a little extra money at the time, so I took it and I'm so glad I did.  My favorite channels are Seriously Sinatra, 40's Junction,  50's on 5, and 60's on 6.  They offer the ability to listen online, but that is extra and I didn't feel that I could justify the cost, especially on my budget.  But because I enjoy listening to similar music in my home, I decided to search the internet to see if I could find some good oldies stations with quality programming.  I also have a free Spotify account, but sometimes I prefer the sound of an actual radio station.  Thankfully I was able to find a few that I have really enjoyed, and I'm going to share them here with you today.

Crooner Radio is by far my favorite so far!  In addition to their wonderful selection that is free to listen to online they have a great line up of shows every weekend, including Crooners and Cocktails, on Fridays, Swingin Saturdays, on Saturday and The Sounds of Sinatra on Sundays.  This is a recent discovery and admittedly since coming across it I've listened to little else.

Slacker Radio is  a close second.  They offer 25 stations featuring Oldies Music.  I typically listen to 40's Hits.   You can create a free account which is easy peasy if you link with your Facebook or Gmail account and then you will have access to My Music which keeps track of all of the music you've recently listened too.  If Oldies are not your thing Slacker offers a number of other genres to choose from.  Unlike Crooner Radio, they offer more variety.

Radio.net is a hub for a multitude of radio stations of varying genres that are free to listen to online.  Here is the link to the stations that play oldies, and as you can see there are a lot to choose from!  Depending on my mood I've enjoyed listening to The Doo Pop Express, Radio Old Timer, and America's Ultimate Oldies Channel.  If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see that there are several more pages of selections available.  A lot of the broadcasts are from other other countries and their ads are in foreign languages as well as some of the music, but they are worth checking out if you're looking for something a little different.

And finally,
There is a local station KAAM 770 AM Radio that I enjoy.  During the daytime hours they have a LOT of talk shows that I am not interested in, but they do play a nice selection of artists like Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett and many more.  You can listen for free online.  This was the first station I found and listened to after moving back to Texas. They are playing Neil Diamond as I am writing this post!  Very nice selection if you like oldies' but want a variety.

If you enjoy oldies, like I do, then hopefully you'll find something here to listen to as well!

Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment