Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Vintage Educational Videos - The Family Dinner Date

I remember in when I was in school, when the big blue film projector was rolled into the room it was a cause for celebration! Aside from a few duds, I always loved the fun educational films and found them to be a welcome break from our usual studies.

A few years ago in doing some research on the internet, I came across a number of educational videos on YouTube, and while I don't recall ever watching anything like, "How To Have a Family Dinner, A Date With Your Family", below, I was intrigued by its sweet, wholesome message.  While some of the ideas may seem a bit old fashioned, I'm not so sure we wouldn't all do well to take a cue from the past and be a bit more "formal", perhaps, in our attention  and preparations.  I did have to laugh at the admonishment not to "tie up the phone for too long", though I do remember those days well.  I just love vintage things, including old sitcoms and commercials, so when I ran across these videos I saved a number of them to my library to enjoy.  If you like vintage, too, and want to take a little trip down memory lane, perhaps you'll like them as well.



and before I close, here's a commercial for Gold Medal flour from 1951.


Hmmm, I might have to try out that recipe as well, those biscuits look good!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed a little trip down memory lane today! I'm off now, though not to make dinner or biscuits, I'm afraid, I have a math test tomorrow and I need to prepare!

Until then . . .

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fun videos....I love to make biscuits and will be trying this "new" recipe this weekend. I enjoy your blog, very unique and meaningful posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kinds words! I am glad you are enjoying the content! I think the recipe sounds good as well, and easy. I plan to try it myself!

      Delete