Friday, March 3, 2017

Music for Lent

During the Lenten season I often like to play music in the background during the day to keep my heart focused on my goals and intentions.  This year I came across three albums that are all new to me and that I had never heard before listening to them over the weekend.  And while Lent at Ephesus is my favorite, the other two I've listed here are just almost as good.  O Vos Omnes, especially, is a beautiful album best saved for Holy Week.


Lent at Ephesus
Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles

This album is new to me this year, but truly so beautiful I highly recommend it, especially during the Lenten Season.  The sixth album produced by the Benedictine of Mary, a group of Nuns who live by the Benedictine order.  Sung completely in a cappella, the nun's angelic voice brings a calming peace to your soul. Of the three albums I am recommending here, Lent at Ephesus is my favorite above all.  They have several albums, a few that are also available on Spotify.



O Vos Omnes - Music for Lent and Holy Week
Choir of St. Ignatius Loyola, Kent Trifle

Absolutely beautiful and perfect for Holy Week, which I am saving this collection for. A very well done collection, truly beautiful!


Music for Lent and Passiontide
The Lay Vicars of Chichester Cathedral

I listened to this one yesterday afternoon while I was reading and I absolutely loved it~

I hope that you will enjoy these selections. If you have any seasonal favorites that you listen to during this holy time, I would love it if you would share them in the comments!

*Note all links are to Spotify.  If you don't have an account with Spotify, you can create one for FREE by following this link, or you can search for the title on Amazon to purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment