Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Living Intentionally - My Goals For The Week of March 19-25


"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
- Annie Dillard

After writing this post on Living Intentionally, I realized that I was actually slacking in a few areas, and I needed to regroup and set some goals.  Once I had a plan in place for ensuring I was being intentional with my choices, it occurred to me that it might be useful to hold myself accountable by posting my goals and following up with my progress each week. I used the questions I mentioned in the post as my framework for establishing my goals,  making sure I am spending time with the Lord and in His word, spending quality time with the people I love, that I am doing small things each week to work toward my goals, and making sure that I am setting aside time each week to engage in activities that bring me joy.  And with that, here are my goals for the coming week.

1. Begin Each Day in the Word and In Prayer. 
My original intent during Lent was to participate in this bible study but somehow I never managed to get started.  I'll confess, I've become a little lax with my quiet time in recent weeks, which is the foundation for everything else in my life.  Is it any wonder that I've been feeling a little down lately?  So my goal for this week, it to see if I can catch up, I KNOW, it's two weeks of reading, but the devotionals are usually fairly short so I think I can do it!

2. Spend Quality Time With the People I Love
This one is a no-brainer because I spend a LOT of time each week with my daughter, so that will be easy.  But so much of my relationship with my mother is about taking her to her doctor's appointments and to run errands, and while I enjoy our time together we don't spend a lot of intentional time together engaged in fun activities.  So this week I am going to look for something that we can do together, maybe even before or after one of her appointments that is fun, or maybe even something we can do here at home.

3. Spend My Time Productively and Working Toward My Goals
I'm going to make a HUGE confession here, I spend WAY too much time engaged in social media, Facebook in particular, and it is a HUGE time waster.  There are so many things that I would rather be doing, like reading a good book or watching a movie or cross-stitching something pretty, but I never seem to be able to find the time.  But the truth of the matter is I have the time, I just waste it getting lost on Facebook and Instagram.  I had a Twitter account but I deleted it just last week, and while I don't feel the need to delete my other accounts, I definitely need to seriously consider the amount of time I spend on them. Aside from the other things I want to do it also often intercedes what needs to be done, and that is really just shameful. 

4. Spend Time Doing the Things I Love
If I can take care of #3 then this one should be easy, but in order to be intentional I'm going to list some specific goals:

- Begin reading my new edition of Bella Grace.  This magazine is one of the little splurges I allow myself whenever the latest edition hits the newsstands.  I used to spend a LOT of money on magazines, but now I limit myself to two a month, Country Living (British Edition) and The Simple Things, which are both published monthly, while Bella Grace is only published about four times a year. I usually set aside a little money here and there so that by the time the next edition comes out I am able to purchase it.  They bring me so much joy, but if I don't set aside the time to actually read them then it's really a waste, and on my budget,  I can't afford to waste anything!

- Watch a favorite movie. I'm not sure what I'll watch, but I'm going to set aside a couple of hours on Monday night to watch one.  I start back to school on Monday, blah! Spring break REALLY spoiled me and I'm I'm SO ready for summer now!  But I must be diligent and finish this final half of the semester well!  Watching a movie on Monday night will be my reward for being studious!  Right now I'm thinking I might watch Miss Potter, one of my favorites, or maybe begin the second season of Poldark.

- Read a book.  If you're like me I have a self-made library right here at home.  I've purchased a number of books for pennies on Amazon that are in perfectly good condition.  I justified purchasing them because of the price, but it's still money wasted if I never read them.  This week I am going to read at least 5 chapters of Notes From A Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally by Tsh Oxenreider.

And I think I'll stop here.  I was going to add "make time to cross-stitch" but with this being my first time setting specific goals I think I need to start small and see how it goes!  If you were encouraged by my post on Living Intentionally then I hope you will enjoy this new series and follow along and encourage me in my efforts! For now, being that it is Saturday night and with a lovely Sabbath awaiting me, I think I'll begin now in my intentional efforts and perhaps watch a movie or read a book, something completely delightful!

Until then my friends, take joy!

"Live every day with intention"


Save

No comments:

Post a Comment