Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Delightful Dozen - .04

1. The 10 Most Unforgettable Afterschool Specials That Made Us Laugh, Cry and Grow Up a Little
Was anyone else a fan of the Afterschool Specials?  I know I was!  If you really want to take a trip down memory lane, there are a number of them available on You Tube, but I'll warn you, some of the episodes tackle some pretty tough issues so I would screen them before watching them with your children.  And I don't know about you, but I like listening to old theme songs, just for the nostalgia, and while I don't remember this one, here's the intro from the 1980's.  I also did a little research and discovered that it ran from 1972 to 1997!  I had no idea it was around that long!  And while we're talking about vintage children's television programming, do you remember? . . . .

2. The CBS Children's Film Festival Just listening to the theme song takes me back to another little room in this very house! I had a small, portable black and white TV when I was young, and every Saturday I would play in my room and watch cartoons all morning and then in the afternoon I always watched the Children's Film Festival.  It looks as though You Tube has a few of these available as well, including an adaptation of Paddle to the Sea, which Charlotte Mason fans might be familiar with.

3. Ten Ways to Save Money Like Your Grandma Did

4. Gardening by the Moon Calendar from Farmer's Almanac

5. Walk Slowly, Mama

6. The Top Ten Most Moving Scenes in Anne of Green Gables

7. The 9 Most Romantic Train Rides To Enjoy With Your Sweetheart 
Its always been my dream to travel by train, alone or with a sweetheart, I find something about it so romantic!

8. 7 Old School Dating Tips We Want To Bring Back

9. Classic Children's Book Quotes Every Adult Needs to Hear Again and Again

10. The Disease of Being Busy

11. Feeding Birds: Plants that Attract Birds

12. 9 Things Science Says Your Home Needs If You Want To Be Happy
Most of the time, I have all 9!
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say what a blessing your 'weekend reading' list has been to me. Such sweetness. Nothing harsh, just simple, wonderful, new to me things to learn. Thank you.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I try to keep things fairly light here. My life isn't perfect and I shed a little light on that now and then, but with so much negativity in the world already I want my blog to be a peaceful, uplifting place for people to just take a deep breath and relax. I really enjoy compiling these posts and seeking out all the wonderful finds! It is truly a blessing to share them! Thank you again for your encouragement!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete