Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Delightful Dozen - . 07

1. The Top Ten Books to Read Before You Die, I definitely agree with most of these, especially the #1 pick!

2. The Period Films List from Willow and Thatch, which is also a lovely blog!  If you like period films, like I do, then you will appreciate these lists!

3. Archbishop Carroll's Prayer for Government, much needed in these difficult times, and with that, this is as political as this little space will ever be! <3

4. 30 Inspiring Quotes About Winter, there are now less than 30 days left, but I thought I would close out the season with these lovely thoughts!

5. The Slow Manifesto and The International Institute of Not Doing Much, though I haven't had time to thoroughly peruse all of the contents, a Slow Manifesto is definitely appealing!

6. Netflix Codes That Unlock Thousands of Hidden Categories,  I haven't tried these yet, but I am one of those Netflix users that frequently finds herself scrolling, and scrolling AND scrolling through movies and categories and finally just closing my laptop in complete frustration.  If you subscribe to Netflix, maybe these will help.

7. Making Time to Do Nothing, from the Bella Grace Blog.  Not familiar with Bella Grace, well by all means, do acquaint yourself!

8. I just LOVE these FREE printables from Mountain View Cottage!  I've got my eye on a few I'd like to print out and frame!

9. The Slow Home Podcast.  I listened to the first podcast in this series earlier this week and absolutely loved it!  Though JOY is my word for 2017, SLOW is the yearning of my soul!  There is also a blog, if you're interested.

10. Poetry Tea Time, though we were not dedicated to it regularly, Kate and I did read poetry over tea a few times during her early home school years, and while this site is dedicated to this idea, I certainly don't think it's something that should be limited to homeschooling.  If you like poetry, and tea, who says it wouldn't be a lovely ritual to establish at any age?

11. 18 Brilliant Nordic Words We Desperately Need in English, OK, well, there are a few that you might find inappropriate, but the rest are lovely.  My personal favorite, Mangata! :)

12. Attention Students: Put Your Laptops Away

No comments:

Post a Comment