Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Monday, February 6, 2017

I Have the Flu!

It's official, I have the flu.  Well, actually, the swab came back negative, BUT the doctor said that is because it actually peaked over the weekend and I'm now on the down side of things, = no prescription for Tamiflu, which is fine with me, I'm not big on meds unless absolutely necessary.  However, if this is the downside I would think I would be feeling better, so yeah, relief can kick in any time now!  

I was ill prepared for this, so since laying around on my computer is the only thing I feel up to doing at the moment, I decided to research some "comforts" to have available, not only for myself for any of us when we're feeling a bit under the weather, and this is what I came up with.  Of course, this won't help me at the moment but all I know is that I ever feel this lousy again, I want to have some things on hand.

Congestion Essential Oil Blend for a Diffuser, 
3 drops of Peppermint
2 drops of Eucalyptus
2 drops of Tee Tree
1 drop of Lemon

This sounds lovely, but all I have on hand at the moment is the peppermint.  Still, I might try some later and see if it helps.

Super Cold Buster Tea
1 inch of ginger
2 herbal lemon tea bags
1 lemon, whole
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. tumeric
1 cup water

This anti-inflammatory concentrate is perfect for when you have the cold or the flu.

How to make Aromatherapy Heating Pads. I actually have one of these that I bought last Christmas at Ross.  It looks like a fox, and it's so cute!  It's scented with lavender and smells so good when it's heaters!  I'll have to dig it out!


NOTHING has tasted good to me since late last week!  Today I was sure that I wanted a Sonic cheeseburger, it sounded SO good!  Came home, took one bite and threw it back in the sack.  Bummer!  But this, this I think i could handle.  I love that it has garlic in it, which is a natural antibiotic and since I've also got some bacterial / bronchial stuff going on, I am on an antibiotic. Now if I can just fine someone to go to the store for me.

And to finish this off, here's a list of the Ultimate Feel Good Movies that I found on Pinterest.

- Stardust
- She's the Man
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Princess Bride (I personally HATE this movie! I know, I know.)
- Practical Magic
- Last Holiday
- Never Been Kissed
- School of Rock
- 50 First Dates
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- Love Actually
- Forrest Gump
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- The Holiday
- Hook
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- You've Got Mail
- Bridget Jone's Diary
- Singin in the Rain
- Dirty Dancing






No comments:

Post a Comment