Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Yarn Along #4


I've only had a little time this to week to work on my scarf, but it's such a delight!  Simple, beautiful, and I absolutely love this colorway, all my favorites!

I picked up Present Over Perfect from the library a few days ago and I'm looking forward to digging into it over the weekend.  I also launched a book group with a few friends on Facebook this week and we are reading One Thousand Gifts together and focusing on gratitude!  It's my second reading but after just one chapter I'm already inspired by all the wonderful nuggets of wisdom that are tucked between the pages.

The spring semester begins in earnest on the 17th, so much of my reading for the foreseeable future will be academic in nature, but that's OK.  I do plan to set aside a certain amount of time each day and every Satruday after 2:00 p.m. through Sunday for a weekly sabbath and engaging in things that bring me pleasure!  Hopefully I'll be able to fall into a rhythm quickly now that I've got one semester under my belt.  It's all about balance!

If you'd like to participate in this week's yarn along, simply follow this link.

Until then, take joy, my friends!


SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. I have almost picked that book up a few times, how is it?
    I love your sabbath rhythm idea and I'm trying to incorporate that into our routine as well, I think rest is so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just picked up the book this week and plan on reading it over the weekend, during my sabbath! :) I'll let you know how I like it.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of Sabbath rest! I've wanted to read Present Over Perfect. I may need to stop by our library soon. One Thousand Gifts is one of my favorite books and always worthy of a reread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making sure I take one day a week for rest and pleasure has made all the difference in balancing my busy life and schedule. One Thousand Gifts is definitely one of my favorite books!

      Delete