Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Yarn Along #2


Every year about this time I get the urge to learn to knit and it has bit with a vengeance this year. Though I love crocheting, there is something about knitting that is so much lovelier, possessing a more polished look. And so I am set once again to try, proclaiming this as THE year!  I'm quite slow, as I suppose most are when learning to knit, and become rather frustrated when the yarn "splits" when pulling it through.  I don't know any other way to describe it, all I know is that often single tiny threads will separate from the rest of the strand and tie up my needle. I am not sure if it is because I am using cheap yarn or if perhaps wooden needles are not the best for beginners?  Any and all advice is welcomed, though I'm not apt to pay much for yarn until I am convinced I am sticking with this!

With Kate being away for the next week visiting her dad in Delaware, I thought it might be a good time to revisit this lovely series from my childhood, probably my absolute favorite!  My original set was ruined in the move, though thankfully of ALL the books I own and moved that was all that was lost.  Thankfully through the generosity of a dear friend, I was able to order a replacement set from Amazon and they arrived on Christmas eve!  I'm holding off at least until the weekend and plan to begin the new year with a re-reading, I can hardly wait!

If you'd like to participate in the Yarn Along, here is the link!


2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law has a full set of Betsy Tacy! Whenever we visit, I pick one up randomly and read before I go to bed. Good luck with the knitting! As a knitter who learned to crochet, I know how tough it is - it's just a different motion altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to crochet before I recently learned to knit. I rarely knit with the "better" yarns, but I do knit with metal needles and I find that they slide around the yarn better. Since you are a crocheter they may feel more familiar to you. I only use the wooden needles when I use circular needles as the yarn is less likely to fall off. Good luck with the knitting. Persevere...it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete