Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Friday, December 9, 2016

Contemplating a New Color Palette

When an unexpected gift card arrived in the mail from a friend yesterday I indulged (as per the instructions) and treated myself to a few craft supplies.  I'm finding myself, as I do every year at this time, drawn to these lovely Christmasy shades of greens and red and the mint green adds a lovely contract to the scheme as well, all the colors of this lovely little blog that try as I might, I just can't let go of.  

I've used this layout and graphics around this time of year for 2-3 years now, always quickly returning to my private journal blog shortly after Christmas.  But this year I'm thinking I may stick with it even after the holidays and give it a serious effort and see what I can make of it.  I'm also considering adapting this color scheme here in our our home, my mother's house.  Green is her favorite color and since I loves this scheme as well I think it's a good compromise.  I think I may even still throw a few little touches of the golden yellow I love so much in here and there, I know it sounds a little strange, but think English Cottage, kind of like the movie set in Nanny McPhee Returns (see below)

There, do you see it? Though I will 
not go as heavy on the mint green, but I think this gives you an idea.

Since I had a little pocket change left over from last week's budget I also picked up a few office supplies at Target that I'll be needing for after the first of the year. The fact that they follow the same color pattern was certainly influential in my choices as well, but when it's the dollar section at Target, well, how can one resist?  I always look forward to fresh office supplies at the first the of year and setting up fresh files and these will make it all the more enjoyable.  As I've said, if you have to be an adult and pay bills, you might as well make it lovely. :) 

This all lends itself so well to the planner pages I'm making, I can't wait to see the finished product.  I've currently got my eye on some binders at Amazon in deep green, red and sea foam green to help organize my studies next semester.  I'm simply not a fan of spiral notebooks preferring loose leaf, college ruled paper in three ring binders.  Something about that wire getting all bent out of shape, makes me feel rather the same way. :)  And speaking of studies, I do have three finals this weekend and I best be off of here and back to preparing for them! It's so hard keeping my focus, but I keep reminding myself that this is the last week and then I have an entire glorious month to indulge in pleasures!  I'm so looking forward to some down time, but I'm also feeling rather accomplished as well.  It's been a goal of mine for such a long time, it feels good to finally be working towards it, I've actually been surprised by how well I'm doing, but if I don't pass these tests it will be all for naught. 

Until then . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment