Looking for something I mentioned in a post? You can find it in my shop!

Looking for something I mentioned in one of my posts? You can find it here, at my shop! Just click! Thank you for your support! A Gathering of Days Shop

Thursday, December 22, 2016

A Little Advent


Having been dissatisfied with my Advent candles , I came to the conclusion last night that they were simply too big for the space they were occupying.  I've been quietly observing Advent alone this year, which  may sound sad but has actually been quiet lovely.  However when it came down to the candles, I was disappointed with my presentation.


One I determined that the problem was the shape then I had to figure out exactly what I wanted to do.  I've never been one to follow the tradition of purple and pink candles, and I wanted to use what I had on hand, and since I had a number of these pink votives I decided to make use of them, I figured that's at least part of the traditional colors.


After I had my supplies I decided to make some little wrappers which I thought turned out quiet lovely.  I went with soft shades of green, red and coral.  The little dolls are actually ornaments that I picked up at Goodwill last Christmas, but I always just set them out as little accents and actually keep them out all year.  They remind me of the old Hummell figurines that my grandmother used to collect.

After I was finished it was obvious that it was the size that I wasn't pleased with, this smaller set lays out so much nicer, and since it's just me for the most part I didn't really need an elaborate display anyway.  With that, I am sharing the wrappers I made for these here in case you'd be interested in using them, too.  I realize Advent is almost over, and while not pictured, I'll be adding a larger red candle on Christmas day!




Click on image to enlarge.  Right click on image and save to your computer.

Until then . . .
Save
Save

No comments:

Post a Comment